Sunday, June 22, 2008 | , | 0 comments »

Dinner at Sushi-Ko in Chevy Chase

5455 Wisconsin Ave.
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
301.961.1644
http://sushiko.us/

Sushi-Ko is apparently the oldest sushi establishment in the Washington, D.C. area. The first location, on Wisconsin Ave. in Glover Park, opened in 1976, and according to reviews, remains popular to this day.

Recently a second Sushi-Ko opened up in Chevy Chase, and is said to not only be just as good as the original, but prettier too. I wanted to see what made this place so desirable, so Jason and I went to check it out a couple of weeks ago. For all the fashion mavens out there, the new Sushi-Ko is located near the Collection at Chevy Chase (with Louis, Gucci, Jimmy, Ralph, Tiffany, and the rest of the high end gang).

We arrived a little early for our reservation and were offered to be seated immediately since there were open tables available. We were hungry, so we said yes.

The menu included a wide variety of options… there were soups, salads, small dishes, entrĂ©es, and of course, sushi… We decided to order a couple small dishes and several different types of sushi from the sushi a la carte section.

A couple of my favorites were the crab cakes served with a delicious orange-colored sauce (these actually looked more like little crab balls… and I’m sorry, I don’t remember what kind of sauce it was), and the spicy tuna sashimi rolls, which were absolutely amazing.

For dessert, Jason ordered ice cream served with bananas that were lightly battered and fried in tempura. He loved it. I, on the other hand, don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so while he went to the restroom, I ordered myself seaweed salad for dessert. I didn’t finish it because I was stuffed from dinner, but it was really good, and tasted even better the next day for lunch.

Everything we had that evening was fantastic. In addition to the great food, the service was also perfect. Our server was attentive and informative with the menu. I’m ready to go back for another visit, and I’d also like to check out the original Sushi-Ko as well.


, ,

0 comments