Wednesday, June 25, 2008 | , | 0 comments »

BGR: The Burger Joint

4827 Fairmont Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814
301.358.6137
http://www.burgerjointdc.com/

A new burger place recently joined the Bethesda neighborhood… it’s called BGR: The Burger Joint. I love burgers, and get cravings for them all the time, so I was pretty excited to check it out.

The place is cute, colorful and small. When it’s really crowded though, seating can be a bit of a problem. However, if the weather’s nice, you can try to get a seat outside at one of their outdoor tables.

The menu offers various types of unique burgers, such as The Cuban and The Greek. They also have a burger called The 9 Pounder, which, according to their menu, actually weighs 15.4 pounds once the bun and condiments are added. If you can eat the entire burger in one sitting, it’s free!

We each ordered “The Burger”, served with cheese (your choice) and their special mojo sauce, on a toasted, buttery, sesame seed bun. I have to admit… I honestly wasn’t really that impressed with my burger. I think my favorite is still the So-Cal burger at Urban Burger Company, which I have not written about here in my blog yet, but will soon.

Although I didn’t find their burger to be anything to brag about, I really enjoyed their fries a lot. They were double-fried and oily, and were heavily seasoned with parmesan and garlic. Very tasty!

Even though the burgers are just “eh”, I’ll probably still come back here again. There are a couple of other items that I wouldn’t mind giving a try, such as the Ahi Tuna burger and The Greek. And of course, I’ll probably get an order of fries to go a long with it.


,

0 comments